Salary:Main/Upper Pay Scale
Hours: 1 FTE
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: April 2020
Our aim at Selston High School is to inspire every member of the school community to achieve their full potential and enjoy their time with us. As a caring community school we recognise the importance of our values which include respect for all, trust, pride, recognition and celebration of success.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and motivated Teacher of English to join Selston High School. The ability to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and to consistently teach inspirational lessons is essential. As part of our expanding English team, you will have the opportunity to teach a flowing 5 year Curriculum plan with a focus on each individual as an Outward Selston Citizen. We have devised this plan with a real focus on Literature’s commentary of the world around them, and their own society. It is a dynamic, tailored overview that engages pupils and furthers their exposure to a wide range of texts and issues that not only teaches the basics of English and exam preparation, but skills they will take with them through life.
The successful candidate will join a team of effective, hardworking professionals, committed to providing an outstanding education for all students. If you believe you have the vision and commitment to work in a school with a thriving and successful English department, please apply.
Why join us?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
• Competitive pay scales -our pay scales for Leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options.
• The ability to request flexible working.
• Career-Average pension scheme
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development and career
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust
• A stimulating and supportive working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and experience and to progress your career
The closing date for applications is: Friday 24 January 2020 at midday
Interviews will be held on: Friday 31 January 2020
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.