Wheatley Park School
Everyone Learning - Everyone Caring
11-18 Academy and member of the River Learning Trust
1090 on roll 184 Sixth Form
TEACHER OF ENGLISH
Main Scale or UPS if post threshold
From September 2020
Temporary (one year, with the possibility of permanent thereafter)
Wheatley Park has a successful, committed and experienced English team. English is a popular subject where students meet challenging targets and a large number continue their studies to A Level and beyond. We are looking for a reflective and enthusiastic Teacher of English to help build on this. You will be joining a positive, motivated and collaborative department in a successful and improving school. There will be excellent day to day support as well as the opportunity to develop within a strong team.
We offer you:
● The support of collaborative, motivated and innovative colleagues.
● Opportunities to teach to GCSE and A Level.
● The chance to reflect on and develop your practice alongside other committed practitioners.
● Your own well resourced room based in a dedicated English building.
Situated just east of Oxford on a unique parkland site, Wheatley Park School is a successful 11- 18 academy with a vibrant comprehensive intake. Our vision is to be a sustainably outstanding school in accordance with our values of Everyone Learning and Everyone Caring.
Our school is part of the River Learning Trust; our collective vision is to be a Trust where pupils and staff thrive in schools which demonstrate:
● all-round education, academic success, lifelong learning and strength of character
● sustainable continuous improvement; no school standing still
● all schools being good and outstanding, or improving rapidly
● collaboration that is raising standards, and reducing workload
● where pupils, staff, parents and communities value all we do to support the best possible outcomes and experiences for our children and young people
If you would like to know more, or arrange a visit, please contact Mrs Pat Mason (HR Manager) on 01865 877634 or by email to email@example.com. Full details can be found on our website www.wheatleypark.org Applications for this post can only be accepted via the TES website. To find out more about the River Learning Trust, please visit www.riverlearningtrust.org.
Wheatley Park School and the River Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and preventing extremism. All staff are expected to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. The River Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a range of backgrounds to represent diversity in line with our schools’ community.
Closing date: 9am Friday 27 March 2020
Interview date: Week commencing 30 March 2020
(depending on the current public health situation)
Address: Holton, Oxford, OX33 1QH
Tel: 01865 872441 Fax: 01865 877666