You have the opportunity to join a thriving English department. All levels, up to and including Advanced Higher, are taught in the department.
Subject to the policies of the school and the education authority the duties of teachers, promoted and unpromoted, are to perform such tasks as the headteacher shall direct having reasonable regard to overall teacher workload related to the following categories:-
• Teaching assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction.
• Developing the school curriculum.
• Assisting, recording and reporting on the work of pupils.
• Preparing pupils for examinations and assisting with their administration.
• Providing advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education.
• Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils.
• Working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals.
• Undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development.
• Participating in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review.
• Contributing towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
When completing your application for this post, please ensure you provide contact details (preferably e-mail addresses) for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills developed during a military career are transferable to local government roles.
Closing date: 27/10/2019
Perth Academy, Murray Place, Perth