Teacher of English
Required for September 2018
Langdon Park is a fantastic place to work. The school is based in recently refurbished buildings with excellent sports facilities. We are seeking a creative, dynamic and forward thinking teacher to join a team of subject specialists in an oversubscribed and successful school. You will want to make a real difference to young people’s futures, have strong subject knowledge and be passionate about teaching and learning.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Can inspire a love of English Language and Literature alongside a love of learning in general
- Will be responsible for planning and delivering high quality engaging lessons that ensure the progression of all students
- Is familiar and has experience with the changes to the KS4 Curriculum
- Can spotlight and model highly effective classroom practice
- Has demonstrated a dedication to curriculum development
- Seeks to make an impact in improving the achievement of all students
- Has strong subject knowledge and experience of teaching at KS3-5 (experience teaching Edexcel A-Level Literature would be particularly welcome)
What we offer:
- An outstanding opportunity to work within an established English department with 88% A-C GSCE results
- Excellent career progression opportunities within an expanding school
- A commitment to training and CPD
- Full support and induction programme for NQTs
- A new school building with well-equipped classrooms
- Tower Hamlets MPS/UPS (Inner London), £28,662 – £47,770, dependent on experience
OFSTED said of Langdon Park School in 2016
"Pupils’ outcomes at GCSE improved markedly last year and that trend continues. The proportion of pupils gaining at least five GCSEs at grade A* to C, including English and mathematics, was well above average and pupils’ progress is greatly improved".
"The work of leaders to create a culture of ambition and high aspiration is driving sustained improvements in the standard of education".
"Teachers model leaders’ high expectations in their work with pupils. Not only is this supporting pupils’ positive attitudes to learning but it has helped to generate clear, well-rehearsed and respected routines that underpin more effective learning".
View recent OFSTED reports here
Application packs can be requested by phone 0207 987 4811 X 202 or e-mail: email@example.com (Sue Isaac – Head teacher’s P.A.)
Deadline: Monday 19th February – 9.00am
Interviews: Wednesday 28th February 2018