Teacher of English / Progress Leader
TLR - negotiable, dependent on prior experience
We welcome applications for this full-time, permanent post
- start date is negotiable.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic teacher of English to lead and co-ordinate progress of a student cohort within this strong and exciting department. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion and commitment to teaching. It would be an advantage for applicants to have the ability to teach or potential to teach English across all Key stages.
Are you interested in joining a school:
- That has a clear vision and direction
- That is committed to excellent teaching and learning
- That demands high standards from pupils and staff
- That is extremely popular and over-subscribed
- Which is forward thinking, innovative and creative
- That is at the heart of its community and enjoys excellent links with parents
- Where ‘every child matters’ is more than just a phrase
- That believes well-motivated and highly skilled staff are key to a school’s success
- That invests in IT facilities across the curriculum
- That has a highly successful Sixth Form
- That offers an extensive programme of extra-curricular activities
- Where students feel safe and happy
If so, then please consider applying for this challenging and rewarding post.
Our school is also:
- Set in a semi-rural village location
- enjoys excellent travel links (10 minutes walk to the local train station; 7 minutes drive from M1 motorway)
- has local amenities; community spirit; and is in close proximity to the peak district.
Further details and an application form can be found online, via the school’s website www.waleshigh.com.
Deadline for applications is: 9:00 am on Wednesday 24th January 2018
Interviews have been scheduled for: Wednesday 7th February 2018
Wales High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Successful candidates will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
WALES HIGH SCHOOL
Tel: 01909 775711
Headteacher: G. Di’Iasio, B.Ed. (Hons)
11-18 Mixed Comprehensive
1550 on roll (Sixth Form 320)