Pendleton Sixth Form College’s vision is to be a beacon of educational excellence transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Teacher of English
Reference Number: SCC1718104
Salary: £23,396—£38,748 per annum
Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: Midnight on Monday 21st May 2018
Interview Date: Thursday 24th May 2018
Location: Pendleton Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 1.0fte
Pendleton Sixth Form College has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic teacher of English. We require a dynamic individual to work within our successful team of English teachers who deliver a range of A Levels and Access to Higher Education qualifications to our 16-18 and adult learners. We are looking for teachers who have the ability to engage our learners and inspire a love for their subject, with both experienced professionals and NQTs welcome to apply.
The successful applicant must possess a teaching qualification and degree in English.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Reasons to Join Us
· Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
· A wide range of learning & career opportunities
· MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
· Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
· We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.