British International School Riyadh
(3-18, BSME, CIS, co-educational, English-medium school)
Principal: Chris Mantz M.Ed.
Do you want to be part of an exciting, innovative and rewarding learning environment with highly motivated students, excellent teachers
and supportive parents?
TEACHER OF ENGLISH required for August 2017
The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school. We now seek to add to our team.
We are seeking to appoint a well–qualified, full-time teacher of English. Our English Department is a well-established, vibrant and supportive team of professionals and we are excited to have the opportunity to invite a like-minded teacher to join our enthusiastic team.
We would welcome applications from candidates who hold QTS status; you must be a dynamic, committed and inspirational classroom practitioner able to deliver English at KS3, KS4 and KS5.
The successful candidate will:
- be a UK qualified teacher or have qualifications recognised in the UK through the NARIC process;
- very competently fulfil all Teachers’ Standards as published by the Department of Education in 2012;
- put students at the heart of the education process;
- fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
- commit enthusiastically to the school’s enrichment program including leading extra-curricular and inter-house activities;
- be able to use ICT as an effective teaching tool;
- believe in the values of international and interculturalism in an educational context;
- have recent experience of delivering a British curriculum, preferably to A-level;
- have a keen understanding of the pedagogical styles required to implement the National Curriculum of England;
- be fluent in spoken and written English;
- be culturally sensitive;
- have outstanding interpersonal skills and an abundance of emotional intelligence.
There may also be a Position of Responsibility allowance for the right candidate.
To apply, please follow the link: https://uptic.net/job/254 and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines
Closing date for all applications: Friday 6th January 2017 at 10:00 (KSA)
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people and all post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure (with a Barred List check).
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa