Handsworth Grange Community Sports College
Handsworth Grange Road
Mixed 11-16 Comprehensive
Headteacher: Anne Quaile
Handsworth Grange Community Sports College is a fantastic school. Rated Good by Ofsted, we have made real progress over the last few years and we are aiming for Outstanding. We were recently awarded first place for Yorkshire and Humber in the National Pupil Premium Awards 2015 in recognition for our ground breaking work in this area. We regard all staff and pupils as part of our family and whilst we have really high expectations of everyone we try to maintain a caring and supportive ethos. We are really proud of all the successes achieved by our pupils and staff, both in school and in the wider community.
TEACHER OF ENGLISH
Required for January 2018
We are currently seeking to appoint a Teacher of English to join our outstanding English department.
We are looking to appoint an English teacher who will:
· have very high expectations of all students at all times
· ensure the consistent delivery of good achievement and progress for all students
· contribute significantly to the continued development and success of the English department
· be a positive team player with a strong commitment to professional development
· be able to teach typically good or better English lessons to students in Years 7-11
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
The Minerva Learning Trust application form and all information about the role can be downloaded from www.hgcsc.co.uk on the ‘Vacancies’ page.
Please contact Michelle Vaughan on 0114 2694801 or email@example.com for any further information required.
Closing date: 9.00 am Wednesday 18 October 2017