We would like a teacher who believes in collaboration both for students and when working with colleagues, a teacher who is aware of their own strengths and who is keen to improve their areas of development. The ideal candidate will be expected to contribute to extra-curricular activities within the department as well as the pastoral life of the school.
Our Sixth Form has a substantial number of students taking A Level English, many of whom go on to study at Russell Group universities. Our commitment to academic performance at the highest level means that our KS5 students have a minimum of seven 50-minute periods per week in English.
At GCSE level in 2017, the first year of the new specifications being examined, 75% of our students achieved a standard pass (grade 4) and 62% achieved a good pass (grade 5) or higher in English. 52% of our students achieved grade 5 or above in both English and Maths compared to the national average of 39%. Furthermore, more than 12% of students achieved grade 7 or above in English Language.
In 2017, 100% of students achieved grade A*-E in English Language and English Literature at A Level. 80% of A Level English Language students achieved grades A*-C. Additionally, 100% of students entered for AS Level English Language achieved grades A*-E and 60% achieved A*-C.
Our vision is ‘success for everyone’ and we are looking for staff that can bring this vision to reality. Woolwich Poly, part of the PolyMAT multi academy trust, is an all-inclusive boys’ school (co-educational at Post 16). The school prides itself on a culture of high standards and values from staff and pupils. It is a demanding yet rewarding school where students and staff feel valued and supported.
We are an expanding Trust with a rapidly growing sixth form, including the opening of a brand new start-up girls’ school in September 2019, which means there are numerous opportunities for promotion and staff to take on extra responsibilities.
We are looking for a teacher who has:
• A genuine passion for teaching English, which is clearly demonstrated in the classroom.
• A proven record of high quality outcomes.
• The ability to work within and add value to an already highly-effective and motivated team
• A desire to further raise overall achievement and success of English within the school.
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
• Free tea, latte, cappuccino and hot chocolate etc.
• An employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including the need for the successful candidate to undertake a disclosure and barring check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you feel that this is a school for you, then please apply by clicking on the quick apply button. If you would like to discuss this position in more detail then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to hearing from you.