Teacher of English
• Closing Date: Friday 27th March 2020 - noon
• Interview Date: Week beginning 30th March 2030
• Contract: Permanent
• Salary Type: Teachers National Pay and Conditions
• Salary Details: Main Pay scale / Upper Pay scale
• Location of Role: Oasis Academy Mayfield, Ashley Crescent, Southampton
We are seeking a talented individual who wants to be a part of transforming lives at our school, and helping to provide an exceptional education in English. You will be joining a dedicated and passionate team of English specialists delivering a well-developed and ambitious curriculum.
What we are looking for
• A qualified teacher (holding QTS or equivalent and a relevant undergraduate degree) to teach across all key stages and who has excellent subject knowledge;
• A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning and who will expect excellence from the students;
• A collaborative and motivated individual who can teach the subject through a variety of innovative approaches.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
At Oasis Mayfield we strive for excellence in all that we do; our mission is focused around entitling our students, staff and community to an exceptional education. In order to achieve this we have three simple priorities.
• Leading happy and Healthy lives
• Transforming lives and empowering communities
• Providing an exceptional educational experience
We place a high value on the personal development and professional learning for our staff and all teaching staff have reduced contact time accordingly. By being part of Oasis Community Learning, which has 52 academies nationally, you will benefit from a strong support network and partnership within the South Coast and South West regions. You will have many opportunities to develop and share best practice to drive continual improvement, including through regional improvement networks and access to a competitive CPD programme nationally.
Please take time to look over the recruitment information attached.
For further information or an informal discussion about the role and the Academy, please contact the Head of English, Mike Hall on 023 8032 8128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information and an application pack can be found on our website https://www.oclcareers.org/job/teacher-english-55. The application form and details are contained within the “Work with us” section of the website.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis Community Learning ethos. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.