Teacher of English - TMS/UPS
Dates: Apply by 12:00pm Monday 30th October 2017
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Full Time: Yes
Part Time: Yes
Contract term: Maternity cover in the first instance.
Suitable for NQT's
Ormiston Horizon Academy is a successful 11-18 mixed high school, with brand new £23 million facilities, second to none. Judged by OFSTED to be a ‘GOOD’ school with ‘OUTSTANDING’ features in July 2014. Our aim is to provide an outstanding education for all of our students, an ambition that we are relentlessly pursuing with energy and drive.
Due to our growing reputation and excellent results, we have rapid growth in student numbers in Year 7 and also the development of OHA6 (our own Sixth Form). We require an outstanding, passionate and dynamic teacher to join us on our journey, leading classes and providing one to one intervention sessions.
- 54% GCSE English & Maths
- Progress 8 score of 0.17
- Attainment 8 score of 48.01 (C-)
- 70% English A-C
- 58% Mathematics
OFSTED July 2014
- “Progress is good in most subjects, including English, mathematics and science”
- “Pastoral care and support for students is outstanding”
- “The Principal and Vice Principal provide outstanding leadership”
- “Since becoming an Academy the ethos of the school has been transformed; a new culture of aspiration and improvement has emerged”
- “Students enjoy their learning and rise to the increasing challenge and high expectations of their teachers.”
- “Students behave well. They are proud of their new building, their teachers and themselves. Students welcome visitors and are courteous and friendly. They regard their academy as a safe and positive environment.”
- Dedicated and enthusiastic students
- Passionate, creative and supportive staff team
- Outstanding state of the art facilities
- Subsidised fitness suite membership
- Notebook PC provided
You will be joining ambitious, dedicated and innovative teams who are working together within the nationally renowned family of Ormiston Academies. With excellent transport links by car, bus and train; we are just a few minutes from Junctions 15 and 16 of the M6. The successful applicant will be subject to satisfactory references and satisfactory clearance by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application packs are available to download from the website:
Or from the Principal's PA/HR Corinne Williams
Dates: Applications welcome now.
Closing date: Monday 30th October (12.00pm) 2017
Suitable for experienced teachers/NQT's
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children