Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a full time Teacher of English to support students with SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) difficulties in a Specialised Provision in the Sunderland Local Authority. You will be teaching complex children and young people in a volatile environment who will display challenging behaviour and have difficulty managing their emotions.
This is a long-term position which is due to commence in September. This position is to start out on a supply basis, with the potential to lead to a permanent role for the right individual. This role could also be suited to a confident NQT who is looking for a challenging yet fulfilling role.
To be considered for the Teacher of English position, you will:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Be a qualified and experienced secondary Teacher of English however, the school would consider NQTs
- Must be available to work 5 days a week
- A calm and nurturing personality
- An understanding and empathetic attitude towards young people who have complex needs
- Must be Team Teach Trained or willing to complete the relevant training. This will be provided by Vision
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an individual who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle SEND team on 01912291386.