We are looking for an English teacher who is enthusiastic about teaching to students across the Secondary age ranges and who is motivated to develop themselves as a teacher and embraces forward thinking pedagogical practice. Ability to teach English B to IB Diploma level and English literature and language acquisition (as required) to Middle School would confer an advantage.
- Teach across the age and ability-range, adapting lessons to the needs of each individual.
- Contribute to wider school life through participation in sporting events, ECAs and other enrichment activities.
- Seek to develop your own professional practice and development
- Be responsible for mentoring a small group of learners and monitoring their achievements and well-being.
- Clear commitment to the safeguarding of all young people.
- Completing any subject related administration as needed and participating in department meetings.
- Follow the school’s assessment and reporting processes and attend parents’ meetings as required
The Ideal Candidate
You will be an educator who is dedicated to continual improvement and embodies the attributes of the IB Learner Profile.
- Has a good honours degree and/or a further degree in a directly-related subject.
- Embraces a commitment to working within the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Is passionate about their subject and has the ability to enthuse others.
- Embraces developments and innovations in teaching and learning and is willing to experiment with new practices.
- Is willing to act as a supervisor to learners completing the MYP Personal Project or the DP Extended Essay as needed.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Shares the educational vision of La Garenne International School including our holistic vision of education and is excited to contribute to the co-curricular and pastoral aspects of life at the school.
- Has strong interpersonal skills and can build relationships and collaborate with colleagues and school leadership.
- Strong ICT competence and willing to embrace new technologies for teaching and learning.
- Possesses a positive outlook, an optimistic approach to change and development, and a good sense of humour.
We are committed to ensuring that all of our teaching staff continue to develop themselves professionally and embrace new and innovative approaches to teaching and learning. The successful candidate will teach in our brand new Senior school campus in contemporary and bright teaching spaces which are equipped with the latest educational technology.
The school has a range of additional benefits including:
- The opportunity to live and work in a beautiful area with great connections to the rest of Europe
- A safe and secure environment in which to work
- The numerous outdoor activities that are on offer (particularly as Villars is a renowned ski resort)
- An opportunity to learn or improve your French
- To work in a school with an excellent reputation
- To be part of a growing school with opportunities for advancement
- Attractive working conditions
- Professional development opportunities
- Possibility to travel internationally
- Depending on availability, free tuition for staff children
- To teach in modern classrooms with the latest technology
- Approximately 15 weeks annual holiday spread throughout the year
- Annual ski pass and Free Access Card (many free activities and transport during the summer) offered by the school for full time teaching staff
- Final interviews held at the school at the school’s expense once approved by the General Director
How to apply
We welcome any applicant who has a passion for education, who is ready to give each learner individual attention, participate in the life of the whole school and will uphold our guiding principles. If this is you, please send:
A complete Curriculum Vitae
A letter of application
A copy of your passport information page and/or Swiss work permit (if applicable)
La Garenne International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years