Teacher of English - Required from Easter or September 2018
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated and enthusiastic Teacher of English to join one of the most successful schools in the city. This post is suitable for both experienced and Newly Qualified Teachers.
To succeed in the role you will have:
• A degree, or equivalent experience, with a teaching qualification
• Proven ability to teach outstanding lessons across the 11-18 age range, with first class classroom management skills
• The ability to work in collaboration with other members of staff to further the department
• Exceptional personal organisation and time management skills
• A firm understanding of key national and educational policies and issues
• The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
• A clear commitment to improving your own and others’ performance through effective continuous professional development
Woodkirk Academy is a successful, well established, fully comprehensive, co-educational 11-18 maintained Academy. We have a proud record in academic, intellectual, social and sporting, musical, dramatic and community developments. Our latest Ofsted report quoted ‘‘the quality of care and quality of pastoral care and welfare arrangements are outstanding”. Woodkirk enjoys an excellent reputation as an employer and our ethos and working practices have allowed us to earn and retain Investors in People Gold Status - “People discuss their pride in working at Woodkirk; they describe it as the best place to work”.
Application packs can be downloaded from our website www.woodkirkacademy.co.uk or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, two references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check (DBS), medical clearance and provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK and evidence of qualifications. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.