Crofton Academy, Specialists in Maths and Computing, is a co-educational comprehensive day academy where the age range of the pupils is 11 to 16. Situated just outside Wakefield in the sought after village of Crofton we are popular locally and beyond our catchment area.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher of English on a permanent basis. We are looking for talented teachers to help drive our mission of ensuring that all children, regardless of their background, have access to a great education. We aim to inform and inspire, to spark curiosity, and to help our students unlock their potential and develop the tools they need to explore beyond what they consider to be possible.
We’re looking for individuals with:
- A passion for English and the ability to inspire students and bring English to life.
- Evidence of excellent classroom practice.
- High expectations of pupils attainment and behaviour.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- The ambition to develop and excel within the teaching profession.
The benefits of working at Crofton:
- A committed and supportive leadership team and governing body.
- High quality professional development opportunities.
- The opportunity to work with exceptional learners.
- Strong community links including our feeder schools.
We would welcome applications from newly qualified teachers or experienced teachers who wish to take advantage of a new challenge. This is an exciting time to shape the curriculum and develop the department further.
We are able to offer staff a secure, supportive environment with continuous professional development. If you have the vision and drive for excellence and want to join an Academy where relationships for learning are fundamental to our continued success we would be delighted to hear from you.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.
All relevant information and application forms can be downloaded from the school website at www.croftonacademy.org.uk. For further enquiries, please contact Louise Stirk, PA to Mr P Walker, Headteacher at email@example.com.
The closing date for fully completed applications is 12 noon on Monday 23rd April 2018. Applications should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.