Teacher of English
Reports to: Head of English
Responsible for: Delivering the highest quality learning experiences to pupils in the English Department.
Disclosure level: Enhanced
Roles included: Classroom teacher, Form Tutor
To contribute to developing Phoenix Academy into a great school by teaching a knowledge-led and challenging English curriculum, teaching highly effective sequences of lessons, and constantly reflecting on your practice. This position would suit a Newly Qualified Teacher looking to continue their development in a highly supportive training programme.
You will share our firm belief in the importance of English as an academic discipline and you will want to join a school that invests in its staff. We provide ample curriculum time for all year groups and build meeting times into your timetable allocation to ensure you have the time and space required to reflect on and improve your practice. We also believe in the importance of teacher expertise and have a determination to enable all our staff to engage in research and debate.
A Future Academies teacher is:
- Passionate about their subject and have excellent academic qualifications and thorough subject knowledge.
- Aligned with our educational vision and committed to a knowledge-led curriculum, with high ambitions for pupil attainment and in the central role of the teacher as expert.
- Able to combine academic rigour and achievement with enjoyment of the subject.
- Committed to providing a high standard of pastoral care.
- Equipped to deliver strong classroom management.
- An inspirational leader, with the capacity to develop excellence in others.
- A good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills and the ability to unify and motivate a team.
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Committed to wider school life and be willing to engage in a range of extra-curricular activities.
We can offer you:
- Free access to our leisure centre which includes a swimming pool, fitness suite and dance studio
- Free breakfast and lunch each day
- The opportunity to work with enthusiastic and happy pupils
- The chance to help rapidly improve the most important school in London
- Excellent CPD focused on outstanding teaching and learning
- Access to the Trust Future Leaders programme and multiple leadership development opportunities
- The expertise and support of senior leadership and colleagues across the Future Academies Trust
- An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
To apply: please visit our website www.futureacademies.org or www.phoenixacademy.org.uk to download further information and an application form. Please email a letter of application outlining why you consider yourself suitable for the role and the completed form to email@example.com
Closing date: 09/03/2018
Please note that Future Academies reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process so early applications are encouraged.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.