Temporary to cover Maternity Leave
A responsibility post and allowance may be available for a suitably qualified and experienced candidate
Join Hazelwick - a popular, highly-successful and happy community where our students enjoy learning and teachers enjoy teaching
MPR/UPR plus Fringe Area Allowance (from £1067) plus potential recruitment incentives up to £10k.
Hazelwick School is:
- a high achieving and oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with 1500 students in Years 7 - 11 and 350 students in the 6th form
- a school where “the large majority of parents rightly feel that their children are making good progress.” (Ofsted report)
- a school where “teaching features good use of enquiring questioning, a demanding pace and a blend of independent and group work”. (Ofsted report)
- a school where “the combination of excellent pastoral care, the good breadth of the curriculum and the ethos of inclusivity and respect” means that students enjoy their education (Ofsted letter to students)
- a school where teachers are proud to work
- a school with excellent developmental and CPD opportunities for staff
English at Hazelwick is:
- taught by a large, highly skilled and dedicated staff
- a popular KS5 option
- a supportive and collaborative staff team
For January 2017 we are looking for:
- a teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and is committed to working towards excellence and high student achievement
- a teacher who is able to teach KS3 and KS4 with the potential to teach KS5 in the future
- a teacher with a passion for working with young people and a perseverance to make a difference to them and their future
- a teacher with a focus on their own professional development and a drive to work with us to become the best teacher they can be
Applications from NQTs are welcome.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS check.
Application Packs are available online: www.hazelwick.org or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing deadline for receipt of applications is 1pm on Friday 9th December 2016
The closing date given is a guide only and you are encouraged to submit your application form, by email, as soon as possible. There may be occasions where we will close a vacancy and interview once sufficient applications have been received.
A Converter Academy
Three Bridges, Crawley,
West Sussex RH10 1SX