Who we are
Marylebone Boys' School is a Free School which opened in September 2014. We now have 600 boys in Years 7-11. We will add a mixed Sixth Form from 2019 and will eventually have over 800 pupils studying at our school.
We are an inner-city boys’ school with a cohort of 50% Pupil Premium students. We an academically rigorous school with an emphasis on good behaviour, commitment to learning and outstanding teaching, where knowledge is valued and available to all who are prepared to work for it. Expectations are high for all pupils. Those who need extra time and support will be helped and expected to achieve their full potential. Our motto is “studio et industria”, which can be translated as “through application and hard work”.
We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS.
Opportunities at MBS
If you are looking for the exciting opportunity to take ownership, be creative and explore new teaching and learning approaches from day one, as well as the chance to work with a diverse range of pupils in an energetic environment, then this role would suit you.
The ideal candidate would be seeking to join a collaborative, innovative and vibrant team who work hard to make a difference to our boys, many of whom face material and social disadvantage. This role would give the appointed candidate a real chance to make a meaningful difference.
What we can offer you
The school is committed to providing excellent professional development and training – be that for an NQT programme (supported by Westminster) or relevant CPD for a person in the early stages of their teaching career.
You will be joining a young, dynamic and friendly team who have high expectations of themselves and of their pupils.
In September 2018, we opened in our permanent site, a brand new school located in the heart of the prestigious Paddington Basin area. We are now part of a wider development by Westminster City Council, just a stone’s throw from Paddington Station with all the benefits of Crossrail as well as the existing Underground and National Rail connections.
- The deadline to apply for this post is 5.00pm on Tuesday 23 April 2019.
- Contact us if you would like more information about the school or the position on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the application form fully, including the separate supporting statement (maximum 2 pages).
- Send your applications to email@example.com .
- We will be carrying out interviews during the week commencing Monday 29 April. Please hold these dates in case you are shortlisted for interview.
- We will only interview candidates who provide two satisfactory references in advance, of whom one must be your current Headteacher if you are currently working in a school.
- The interview process will include a panel interview, a taught lesson and a data task.
- We will inform all invited candidates of the outcome of their application and offer feedback to those who are unsuccessful.