Who we are
Marylebone Boys' School is a Free School which opened in September 2014. We now have 600 boys in Years 7-11. We launched our mixed Sixth Form in 2019 and will eventually have over 1000 pupils studying at our school.
We are an inner-city boys’ school with a cohort of 50% Pupil Premium students. We an academically rigorous school with an emphasis on good behaviour, commitment to learning and outstanding teaching, where knowledge is valued and available to all who are prepared to work for it. Expectations are high for all pupils. Those who need extra time and support will be helped and expected to achieve their full potential. Our motto is “studio et industria”, which can be translated as “through application and hard work”.
A milestone for the school was our first set of GCSE examination results in August 2019, for which we achieved exceptional English results. 70% of boys received a grade 5+ in English and 84% were awarded a grade 4+ in English. In this subject, 30% of all grades were 9-7.
The school is committed to providing excellent professional development and training – be that for an NQT programme (supported by Westminster) or relevant CPD for a person in the early stages of their teaching career.
If you are looking for the exciting opportunity to take ownership, be creative and explore new teaching and learning approaches from day one, as well as the chance to work with a diverse range of pupils in an energetic environment, then this role would suit you.
The ideal candidate would be seeking to join a collaborative, innovative and vibrant team who work hard to make a difference to our boys, many of whom face material and social disadvantage. This role would give the appointed candidate a real chance to make a meaningful difference. The school has a strong English Faculty and is an excellent place to start or further a teacher career.
Please download the candidate information pack via the links below for the job description and person specification.
Since 2018 we have been in our permanent site, a brand new school located in the heart of the prestigious Paddington Basin area. We are part of a wider development by Westminster City Council, just a stone’s throw from Paddington Station with all the benefits of Crossrail as well as the existing Underground and National Rail connections.
• The deadline to apply for this post is 5.00pm on Monday 27th January 2020.
• Contact us if you would like more information about the school or the position on firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Complete the application form fully and provide a supporting statement (maximum 2 pages).
• Send your applications to email@example.com.
• Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the interview scheduled to take place during the week commencing Monday 3rd February.
• We will only interview candidates who provide two satisfactory references in advance, of whom one must be your current Headteacher if you are currently working in a school.
• The interview process will include an interview, an observed lesson and a data task.
• We will inform all invited candidates of the outcome of their application and offer feedback to those who are unsuccessful.