Are you passionate about teaching English? Can you transform the life chances of our students? We are looking for a dynamic, forward-looking, inspirational teacher of English to join a consistently outstanding department on a permanent basis. A TLR2a responsibility point (working as Pupil Premium KS3 Co-ordinator for English) is linked to this role on a temporary basis to cover long term sickness.
The successful candidate will be:
- An inspirational, passionate teacher.
- An excellent practitioner and have a passion for their subject.
- An inspirational teacher with experience of teaching at KS3 and KS4.
- A good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Contribute towards transition, curriculum developments and understand data.
- Able to work as part of a team and have real passion and ability to form effective relationships at all levels.
- Able to motivate, inspire and enthuse students to develop.
- Willing to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school.
- Ambitious and constantly looking to improve their own performance.
For application forms and further details please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs S Goodland at the school or visit our website: www.lowtonhs.wigan.sch.uk. Candidates are encouraged to visit the school prior to submitting their application. Applicants are welcome from both newly qualified and experienced teachers.
Tel: 01942 767040
Closing date: Monday 22 May 2017 at 3pm
Interviews will take place: Thursday 25 May 2017
This post is subject to Enhanced Disclosure Procedures.
The employer is committed to safeguarding.
Lowton Church of England High School