St Francis Xavier’s College, founded in 1842, is a successful and oversubscribed 11-18 Catholic Converter Academy with a co-educational sixth form of 176 with a strong academic tradition.
Required for September 2019, a Teacher of English with Drama and Film Studies. We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, inspirational, highly motivated and experienced Teacher of English to join our committed and dedicated team. Initially may be fixed term dependent on experience. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and inspirational teacher with a love of their subject to join The College.
The successful applicant will be an excellent and innovative classroom practitioner and is expected to be able to teach English across the ability and age range.
• Knowledge of current curriculum developments in the subject and their implications
• Good knowledge and understanding of current educational thinking
• Good understanding of how children learn and how to raise standards of achievement
• Ability to build and sustain professional standards and relationships with students
• Ability to contribute towards creating a safe and protective environment
• A passion for education and making a difference
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Energy, enthusiasm, good sense of humour
• Emotional maturity and resilience in dealing with challenging behaviours
Further details and application forms are available from our website at or email to
or email email@example.com
or phone 0151 288 1027
Closing date for applications 10.00 am on TUESDAY 21 May 2019
Safeguarding of our pupils is a priority
All posts are subject to enhanced DBS disclosures