We are looking for an innovative and energetic English Teacher to join our well established English Faculty for January 2020 for 2 terms on a temporary contract. Experience of Drama is desirable but not necessary.
Successful candidates will be well qualified English specialists with a passion for literature and an enthusiasm for working with inquisitive young minds. The school teaches English and Expressinve Arts at Key Stage 3 which includes drama and media and then specialises at GCSE and A Level. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to teach Key Stage 3 English, Expressive Arts and Drama GCSE if appropriate.
Closing date for applications is Friday October 11th.
Ysgol Eirias is a Comprehensive, Foundation Pioneer school of exceptional academic performance which places a high value on bilingualism. We have a local and national reputation as a very successful school with consistently outstanding GCSE and ‘A’ Level results (rated one of the top ten performing schools by the Sunday Times for 2018).
There are 1354 students on roll with 265 in the sixth form and a teaching staff of 95.
Estyn Comments from the last Inspection October 2014:
The school’s current performance: Good
The school’s prospects for improvement: Good
Good features in the school’s current performance include:
• good performance in most indicators in key stage 4 over the last three years, which compares well with the average for similar schools;
• the good progress most pupils make in developing their knowledge, understanding and skills in lessons and over time;
• the very positive attitudes to learning shown by pupils;
• consistently effective teaching that contributes significantly to the outcomes achieved by pupils;
• the very good progress made by nearly all pupils in Welsh second language at key stages 3 and 4 and in the sixth form and
• the caring environment, which has a positive impact on many aspects of pupils' wellbeing and personal development.
The prospects for improvement are good because:
• the school has a strong culture of self-evaluation and continuous improvement;
• the school made significant progress in addressing recommendations from the previous inspection;
• partnership working is a significant strength and has benefited the school and its pupils;
• the headteacher encourages staff at all levels to share and develop their knowledge and expertise within and outside the school.
Please feel free to contact Headteacher's PA, Sarah Noke on 01492 532025 for further details and a hard copy of the information pack.