Teacher of English with KS5 Responsibility
MPS/UPS (£22,917 - £38,633) + TLR (£2667)
Full Time (Permanent)
Required for September 2018
Are you an ambitious English Teacher looking to take on a role with responsibility for either Language or Literature at A Level? We are extremely proud of our English Department and their achievements and are seeking a teacher who can help lead this dynamic team. Investing heavily in staff development, we are committed to supporting our teachers through all stages in their careers.
This position will involve coordinating one of our A Level subjects. Both courses are popular and successful in our Sixth Form and we are looking for a leader to capitalise on our existing strengths and develop our provision further.
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- outstanding facilities and resources;
- high quality inset days, Minimum 15% non-contact time for all teachers, bespoke 3 year induction programme for new teachers & leadership development programmes;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into this role and the English Department and Kennet School please view the attachments below labelled:
‘A letter from our Headteacher’ (What We Believe)
‘Letter to Applicants’ (Staff Benefits)
‘Further information about the role’
We would like you to be:
- a clear communicator with strong values and sense of moral purpose;
- able to teach English to KS4 in Language and Literature and to KS5 in either;
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
Click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Chris Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline & Interview Dates
Deadline for applications is 9am, Tuesday, 22 May and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after. Interview date: Thursday, 24 May.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.