Are you passionate about teaching English? Do you want to work in a forward thinking and innovative school which values its staff highly and wants to do the very best for its learners? Then come and join us at The Westgate School!
The Westgate School is currently recruiting for a colleague to join our successful and expanding academy who can contribute leadership skills and operational management of Key Stage 5 English. We are looking for someone who is passionate about teaching engaging lessons that will help students appreciate the importance of the subject and develop the skills they need for life.
The successful candidate will:
- support the department in developing the KS5 curriculum, creating schemes of work and resources to support teaching staff
- be able to keep up-to-date with A Level reforms and changes to the specifications
- ensure that suitable students are enrolled onto A Level English, meeting entry requirements
- Manage assessment and monitoring within KS5 in line with school policies and procedures
- be able to analyse data and performance of students and disseminate information to the department
- be able to lead and organise intervention sessions for 6th Form students
- be able to develop, plan and deliver high quality and engaging learning experiences to all students, so they achieve their very best
- be an experienced teacher who is enthusiastic and shares the values of the school
The Westgate School offers:
- Great facilities and resources
- A friendly and supportive staff who are always happy to help each other and share good practice
- Strong support from line managers and SLT
- A strong CPD programme and the opportunity to deliver as well as receive training
- Access to a middle leader development programme
- Excellent career opportunities and progression, particularly as the school grows
- The opportunity to be part of a successful 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in many subjects
- Free Medical Health Cash Plan for all staff
- Free tea and coffee
This is an exciting time to join The Westgate School as our new buildings and expanding student numbers will bring new opportunities for us all. We are passionate about ensuring that our students are #equippedforlife, through our innovative curriculum and the wide range of experiences we provide for them. We are very proud to serve our local community and believe very strongly in our values.
The Westgate School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undertake child protection screening, including an enhanced DBS and past employer checks. We are an equal opportunities employer.
If you believe that The Westgate School is for you then please do visit our career site where you can learn more about us. You are welcome to contact us if you would like to arrange a visit. If you are interested in joining us then please complete the TES application form.
We reserve the right to interview as suitable applications are received
Previous applicants need not apply
You will only be contacted if you are successful in the shortlisting process