We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and creative teacher of Expressive Arts to cover a period of maternity leave. The successful candidate will be required to teach across the Expressive Arts department so the ability to teach drama, music and dance would be highly advantageous.
You will work within the Expressive Arts Department, a small close knit department, and will have access to a range of fantastic facilities including a professional drama studio, dance studio and large theatre with lighting and sound box facilities.
The successful candidate will:
· Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic teacher with the desire to inspire and motivate students to achieve and succeed.
· Have experience teaching expressive arts across Key Stage 3, and be able to demonstrate experience teaching successfully at Key Stage 4. Experience teaching at Key Stage 5 would be advantageous but not essential.
· Be willing to go above and beyond what is expected, encouraging students to take a holistic view of subject.
· Possess a tenacious ambition for their students, seeking to give them exciting and engaging opportunities for learning.
What we can offer you:
· Daily allowance for breakfast and lunch.
· Additional planning and preparation time. Staff at BWT receive 5 hours of PPA.
· A modern building with fantastic facilities and resources.
· A supportive and friendly community of staff and students.
· A full induction programme.
· Access to BWT Teaching School Alliance training programmes.
About Kettering Science Academy:
Kettering Science Academy is a really good Academy on its journey to outstanding. We are making rapid improvements and relentlessly focussed on providing a fun and stimulating experience for our students. We actively encourage students to participate in all areas of Academy life, motivating and inspiring them to unlock their potential and realise their ambitions – whatever they may be! We believe education is about more than achieving success in exams; it is about preparing students for the challenges and demands of life beyond education. Staff have an uncompromising commitment to this and work closely with one another to support and develop students as well as one another.
We are a thriving community of equals dedicated to creating a great place to work and learn; students and staff are happy and proud to be part of Kettering Science Academy. We are very confident that this will the Kettering Science Academy’s best year yet and we would like to offer you the opportunity to jump aboard and join us for this journey!
For further information about how to apply, to arrange a visit or an informal discussion about this role please contact Amy Brooks, Human Resources, on the below details:
T: 01536 532700
W: Brooke Weston Trust Careers
Closing date: Monday 29 January 2018