Teacher of Food and Nutrition
Part Time (Approximately 0.5 of a Full Timetable)
Temporary Position for one Academic Year
Required from 28 August 2019 - 3 July 2020
We require a qualified and creative Teacher of Food and Nutrition to join this well-resourced Department. The successful candidate will teach: Food and Nutrition at Key Stage 3, Food Preparation and Nutrition at GCSE (AQA) and Food Science and Nutrition Diploma (WJEC) in the Sixth Form.
The ability to deliver Leiths is desirable, but not essential, as training will be provided. Applications for this post are welcomed from teachers at any stage of their professional development.
The successful candidate will:
- be committed to high standards
- be an effective and skilled classroom practitioner, with a determination to deliver innovative teaching and learning
- contribute to the extra-curricular and pastoral life of the School.
Malvern St James is a leading boarding and day school for girls aged 4 to 18, which achieves outstanding results within an exceptionally creative, warm and supportive community. We offer:
• the opportunity to teach highly motivated, talented pupils
• commitment to professional development
• a convenient location in Malvern, with excellent transport links
• a competitive salary scale.
Closing date: Wednesday, 20 March 2019
Application forms and further details may be obtained from our website www.malvernstjames.co.uk or by contacting Mrs Alison Barber, Office Manager, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Malvern St James is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service clearance at enhanced level.