Teacher of Food Technology. Subject lead responsibility for Food Technology, Health & Social Care and Childcare for suitable candidates.
CV's will be accepted in the first instance. Shortlisted candidates will need to provide a full application form prior to interview. All applications will be reviewed on receipt and suitable applicants invited in for interview, therefore the post may be removed before the closing date the post is successfully filled.
We are seeking an experienced teacher of Food Technology with the ability lead on our vocational subjects of Food Technology, Health & Social Care and Childcare. These are popular subjects within the school and we are seeking an inspirational leader with strong subject knowledge to further enhance the provision of these vocational subjects.
Welling school is a vibrant 11-19, mixed, Specialist Visual Arts College and part of the The Kemnal Academies Trust. The school was rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in February 2015 and is on its journey to achieving outstanding. We are committed to ensuring that students have high aspirations and are able to achieve their full potential. This is a growing faculty and we are seeking an enthusiastic, determined and innovative teacher to lead these subjects.
Our ideal candidate will:
• be passionate about their subject with the potential and desire to continue to improve;
• have a passion for teaching and learning and be committed to raising standards across all Key Stages;
• have excellent subject knowledge and depth of understanding; • be able to inspire, enthuse and motivate students to ensure that they achieve their full potential;
• be an effective and committed team player with a clear vision for development and sustained improvement in your subject
• be committed to Welling School’s mission of achieving high standards and fulfilling the expectations of all students of all abilities
In return, we can offer you:
• the opportunity to further develop innovative teaching and learning strategies to ensure students achieve their full potential
• excellent CPD opportunities to further develop your skills as a classroom practitioner and to develop leadership skills as you progress;
• excellent networking opportunities including involvement in the Trust, PiXL and school partnerships;
• the use of our innovative ‘iBrary’ as an additional learning environment
For the Job Description and Person Specification, please contact Ms N Whitelock, HR Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). Visits to the school are encouraged. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and past employment checks. In accordance with the Immigration Act 2016, the ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.