St George Catholic College is an oversubscribed school, with a proven track record of continued success. It is currently ranked in the 5% of schools nationally for progress. The college is rated by Ofsted as ‘Good’ with outstanding features (2016), and ‘Outstanding’ across all areas for the last four Local Authority inspections. It is a college in which we have a commitment to knowing every student and ensuring they fulfil their potential.
The design and technology department have just moved into a brand new £6 million state of the art science & design and technology block. With amazing brand-new facilities, including a food technology room, graphics suite, and two resistant material workshops and a department of 2 full time specialists, this is an amazing opportunity for us to grow the department and the opportunity to offer Food Technology at KS 4 to our students. We are looking for someone to join an expanding department moving forward as we settle into the new building. A specialism in Food Technology is desirable but not essential, we will consider all specialisms as we have the facilities. This will be an external appointment.
The design & technology department are a cohesive team who demand the best from each other and from their students. The right candidate would benefit from entering a supportive environment with a blend of skills, innovation and experience. We promote a positive Catholic ethos but there is no requirement to be Catholic to apply. We wish to appoint an outstanding practitioner who can offer vision, energy and creativity in the teaching of food technology/design & technology.
RECRUITMENT: Benefits of working here:
• A friendly and inclusive working environment
• Private healthcare
• Free on-site gym with state-of-the-art facilities
• Reduced rate for Lettings
• Nursery less than five minutes’ drive away
• Long-term career opportunities
• Access to nationally-accredited qualifications, including NPQML, NPQSL and NPQH
• Easy access to Southampton city centre, Eastleigh, the M27 and the M3
• An opportunity to be a part of an enthusiastic, creative and motivated department
• A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
• A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
For further details of this exciting opportunity, please fill out the relevant application forms on the vacancies section of our website, www.stgcc.co.uk and return to Mrs Jeanine Bonavia PA to the Headteacher at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline below.
Visits to the college are highly encouraged, and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Gilbank at email@example.com or if you have any questions or queries please get in touch.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 28th January 2021 – 3pm
‘Please note, we reserve the right to close vacancies early if we receive applications which meet the criteria’
St George Catholic College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS Check. The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Saint George Catholic Voluntary Aided College
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years