Reading Girls’ School is ‘performing in the top 3% of all schools nationally (Department for Education, Sep 2018). The school came under new leadership in 2017 and within one year is performing in the top 175 schools in the country with a progress 8 score of 0.71. Additional successes which have resulted from the previous academic year are:
- New school day structure means the equivalent to an extra 39 days learning per year without reducing school holidays
- 95% of all students feel safe within school (student survey, June 2018)
- 95% of all students state that behaviour is good (student survey, June 2018)
Staff at Reading Girls’ School benefit from 34 days of additional time over an academic year, to focus on their teaching and learning, as a result of:
- 65 hours saved from NO morning registration
- 59 hours of PPA time allowing staff to go home early or come into school late
- 30 hours of NO PSHE delivery
- 26 hours of NO break / lunch time supervision
- 18 hours of NO afterschool ‘intervention’
- 8 hours of reduced meetings afterschool
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of Food Technology. The ideal candidate will be an ambitious professional with the ability to teach Food Technology at KS4 and KS4. At KS4 students complete WJEC Level 1/2 Award in Hospitality and Catering. The successful candidate will join a school that is committed to engage, inspire and motivate students in their learning to ensure that they have the very best educational journey possible.
We also have strong collaborative links with other external providers within Reading;
● Kendrick School, where 18 of our girls, last year, went to continue their further education
● Maiden Erlegh School, enabling our girls’ to further their education
● Queen Anne’s School, providing scholarships to their Sixth Form
● The University of Reading, where students from the UoR provide one - to - one support for our students in year 10 and 11
Reading Girls’ School is an Academy which is part of the successful Baylis Court Trust. In October 2016 we moved into our new school building which has provided us with a 21st century learning environment. We are a partially selective, 11-16 secondary girls’ school, in south Reading. Our aim is a very clear one which is to provide the best life-chances possible for every student. To that end, we challenge our students to the very edge of their academic capabilities whilst providing wrap-around support towards those goals. We believe in the importance of stepping out of one’s comfort zone, in order to improve.
We have a strong commitment to high standards for students and staff. We are a diverse and dynamic school with a reputation for providing a caring environment where students can succeed; our girls have a real enthusiasm for learning and take pride in their school. As a teaching team we are highly qualified and all share a passionate belief that every student in our school matters.
If you are a highly ambitious teacher and you feel you have the qualities to join the Principal in rapidly moving forward and you are committed to improving student life chances of students, would like to hear from you. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged, please contact Jane Clacey, PA to the Principal, on 0118 9861336 to arrange a time to come and meet us.
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com before the closing date of noon on Monday 14 January 2019. Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 21 January 2019.
Reading Girls’ School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for all posts.