Teacher of Food Technology
MPR Plus TLR SEN
Inspire their remarkable with us
We're an Academy with a big heart. Staff work closely as a team and pride themselves on never giving up on a pupil. This is, however, a challenging environment where resilience and a deep commitment to supporting young people with Special Educational Needs are paramount.
Wishmore Cross Academy, part of the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), is a residential special school in Chobham, Surrey, for boys aged 9 to 16 years who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties. We can admit up to 70 boys and can offer up to 14 residential places (including extended days) on a flexible basis for up to 4 nights per week.
Working with us:
- We are looking for a passionate, motivated and dedicated Food Technology Teacher to teach across Key Stage 3 and 4
- You will work with our young people and help them achieve the best possible outcomes in Food Technology. You will have passion for your subject and will have a creative, inspirational approach to delivering the curriculum.
- We have experience of supporting staff through their NQT year and we would be happy to consider applications from NQTs. We would also consider job share or part time applications.
- The successful candidate will have a good degree and some knowledge of specific learning difficulties and a variety of behaviour management strategies to support children would be an advantage.
What we can offer:
- Subsidized staff housing for an exceptional candidate!
- An extremely friendly, supportive and caring team who all work together
- An approachable and welcoming Senior Leadership team who are actively involved in the day to day running of the school
- Free school lunches
- Free on-site parking
- Excellent CPD courses including Safeguarding, MAPA and Health and Safety
- The opportunity to develop your education career; Wishmore Cross has a track record of developing, progressing and training up staff via the School Direct programme.
- Wellbeing - we provide experiences, social learning and formal programmes that enable staff to develop new skills, and to work, collaborate, learn and develop with colleagues across our large AET network. There is also regular support and supervision for staff to ensure they remain at the peak of their emotional well-being.
We warmly welcome candidates to come and see what makes Wishmore Cross so special. Please contact the school on 01276 857555 to arrange a time to pop in.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Friday 05 July 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 10 July 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking on the ‘Apply Now' button below.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.