SILS is seeking to appoint an enthusiatic and innovative Food Technology Teacher with experience to teach across key stages 3 and 4, at our PRU in South London.
We are particularly keen to hear from candidates with a track record of successful work with learners with additional or SEMH needs. We also wish to hear from applicants that can offer Textiles or Health and Social Care as a second subject.
In addition to successful experience from a mainstream school or alternative provision, our ideal candidate will:
- be able to inspire, motivate and engage reluctant learners
- be a confident classroom practitioner, with record of high quality teaching & learning
- have passion for pupil progress, and record of achieving accredited qualifications at KS3 & 4
- be able to work independently and with initaitive
- able to manage the dynamics of a changing / mobile cohort of learners
- have a positive outlook and be committed to team work
If you think you can make a difference to the lives of our young people and you are willing to work across our two sites, then we would like to hear from you.
Please note that informal visits are welcome. To arrange please contact Carol Hepper, School Business Manager on 020 7525 1150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about our school can be obtained from the schools website at www.sils.southwark.org
SILS is a 'Good School' (Ofsted , 2018), and SILS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.