Teacher of Foundation Studies
Any subject discipline, Primary or Secondary trained
MPS (incentives may be available for exceptional applicants with interests in taking on additional responsibilities)
Start: As soon as possible, Easter or September 2020
If this is you, you should apply:
- You are already an outstanding teacher or an outstanding trainee.
- You are creative and innovative.
- You have very high standards and can demonstrate excellent outcomes for students in your career to date.
- You are looking to work with driven and focused leaders in the fastest and most substantially improved school in the UK.
- You are a strong generalist with a passion for education.
- You want to work within a thematic Year 7 and Year 8 curriculum team and raise standards.
These are reasons why you might want to join us:
- The new school will open in March 2020 and the brand new facilities are state-of-the-art.
- You will be the daily lead for the delivery of Foundation Studies in Years 7 and 8, a thematic approach to delivering a deeper learning experience whilst simultaneously impacting LITERACY in our younger students.
- FS is taught for 17 hours per week in Year 7 and 15 hours per week in Year 8 with the same dedicated teacher per class; there are 5 classes in Year7 and 3 in Year 8. You should come and see it for yourself, it is remarkable.
- The successful candidate will have the choice of joining Year 7 or Year 8 though a flexibility to work in either cohort would be an advantage.
- You will work with a Lead Professional for Foundation Studies, who will support you unreservedly in developing your skills.
- LBS is about to achieve a third successive year of outstanding results as we await our first Ofsted Inspection as a CAT school. We believe we are at least a GOOD school with OUTSTANDING leadership and management.
- The school is expanding rapidly.
- For information, we are keen to add a full 6th Form from September 2021 and our new school has provision for this.
To apply, simply click the button or, if you need further information, interested candidates should contact Raj Kang, Deputy Headteacher.
Lordswood Boys’ School is part of the Central Academies Trust (CAT). CAT is a recently formed educational Trust with members and directors drawn from the highest achieving and highest profile schools in Coventry and Birmingham. Led by our Chief Executive Dr. David Kershaw MBE, the Trust incorporates members and directors from industry and higher education amongst other fields. Committed to raising achievement in challenging schools and to securing the highest of high equity, we will work relentlessly to change young lives in the Midlands. Any professional that joins in with our mission will have opportunities to work across our schools in the coming years as we seek to develop and promote our own staff into outstanding school improvement experts or leaders of curriculum innovation and world class standards in education. We do not lack ambition.
See what the media say about us: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-eton-astonishing-story-how-16202482
Lordswood Boy’s School is among the most improved schools in England. 2019:
Progress 8: +0.42
Progress 8 English: +0.32
Progress 8 Maths: +0.66
Lordswood Boys’ School is already one of Birmingham’s great educational success stories and we invite you to join us in our fabulous new, state-of-the-art building with our wonderful, engaging and highly intelligent and articulate young men. Come and see for yourself.
We would be delighted to meet you and show you around the school or have an extended informal conversation with you, by telephone T: 0121 464 2837
For informal discussions, visits and other information:
Candidates will be required to submit the names of two referees, one of which must be your most recent employer.
Closing date: 30th March 2020, interviews week beginning 2nd April 2020.
Apply today and join our amazing success story.