Set in 26 acres of beautiful parkland in Cobham, Notre Dame School nestles in a picturesque 18th century mansion beside the River Mole. Notre Dame is a Catholic School and is a Foundation of the Company of Mary Our Lady with an ethos shaped by the life and work of St Jeanne de Lestonnac. Despite the tranquil setting Notre Dame School is a hive of activity, with over 600 children and teachers working hard in the important business of education. The school has an enviable reputation for the highest academic standards and a progressive, holistic, academic education that is underpinned by over 400 years of international educational tradition in 30 countries. Established in England in 1937, the school has always had the philosophy that the greatest success comes from knowing how to learn and how to ask the right questions; training pupils to take an active role in reaching and exceeding early expectations. From the vibrant Nursery to the exciting Sixth Form, tomorrow's professionals acquire the skills, knowledge and qualifications that give them the best possible start in life.
The Modern Languages Department is a vibrant, energetic, hard-working and enjoyable environment.
The majority of girls study a Modern Language up to GCSE and there is provision for girls to study two languages at this level. The results at GCSE, AS and A2 are very good indeed. There is a good uptake of languages in the Sixth Form. In recent years the department has established very successful exchanges with schools in France and Spain.
The Modern Languages Department offers French, Spanish, German and Latin. All languages are offered to GCSE and A Levels, and oral classes are taught by language teachers to small groups of girls at GCSE Level and above.
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as teacher
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment
- To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
- The School has high expectations of its staff, and therefore looks to reward them with a competitive salary scale and beneficial conditions of service
- Small class sizes
- There is an extensive induction programme for all new colleagues and ongoing professional development is encouraged
- There is ample opportunity to take on additional responsibility
- The School enjoys a fantastic situation: central London is 30 minutes away, the M25 and A3 are 5 minutes away. Heathrow is less than half an hour.
- Fee concessions are available for the pupils of any member of staff who meet the school’s entry requirements
- Longer holidays than the state maintained sector
- Free on-site parking
- School Nurse on site during term time
- Free use of the school’s leisure and sporting facilities, including a heated indoor pool.
- Free lunch and refreshments are available throughout the working day
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 24th February 2020
Start date: Easter 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by senior members of the School and take a tour of the school.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.