Bruern Abbey School, a preparatory boarding school for boys with learning difficulties, seeks a full-time Teacher of French and Humanities for September 2021.
The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching French and some humanities across the age and attainment range.
The successful candidate must have a good degree as well as a PGCE and/or QTS; experience of teaching at Key Stage 2 or 3; a sound knowledge of French; experience teaching a second language in a school setting; an interest in dyslexia and other literacy difficulties; a willingness to undertake training in this area, and display high levels of patience and empathy. He/she would also ideally have experience or qualifications in SEND teaching; and, prep school experience.
The successful applicant will also be energetic and positive, willing to help with pastoral welfare, and may also pursue other interests by taking activities, or extra-curricular clubs.
- Full annual salary (negotiable on experience)
- Working 8.00am to 6.05pm from Monday to Thursday, and 8.00am to 4.00pm on Fridays during term time. Some flexibility may be possible for the right candidate.
- Around 18 weeks of holiday per year
- CPD support given
- Superb location outside Bicester, 20 minutes from Oxford
- (Award-winning) lunch during term time
- Wonderful colleagues and charming boys!
Bruern Abbey is a preparatory boarding school with around 160 boys on roll, which specialises in learning difficulties such as dyslexia. We were Tatler’s Prep School of the Year in 2015 and are proud of our ethos to think differently and have fun.
At Bruern we make every effort to give the boys an action-packed time – be it musical, theatrical, cultural or sporting. Bruern has a few fundamental differences to other prep schools, which allow our boys to succeed at their senior school and in later life:
- We have twice as many English and maths lessons as a standard prep school would
- Reading is taught as a distinct curriculum subject
- Laptops are used in most lessons
- All classes have a maximum of twelve pupils – allowing boys more individual attention in class
Please take a look at our website, www.bruernabbey.org, for more information.
An application form can be found by clicking 'apply now' or at the bottom of this advertisement in the 'supporting documents' section. To submit an application (or to ask any questions about the position), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Monday 8th March 2021 at midnight. Early applications are encouraged, and applications will be reviewed on receipt.
Bruern Abbey is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service. A copy of the School's Safeguarding Policy can be found at http://bruernabbey.org/policies.html
Bruern Abbey School
- Special needs with independent funding
- Boys school with students of age 8 - 13 years
Located just over an hour from London and 15 minutes from Oxford, Bruern Abbey is the only preparatory school in the country to have as its main purpose the preparation of boys with learning difficulties for Common Entrance and other entrance examina...