Applications are welcome from current probationers pending attainment of full registration with the GTCS in July 2018
Ross High School, Tranent is conveniently situated close to the A1 in East Lothian and serves a widespread community including the towns and villages of Tranent, Macmerry, Ormiston, Pencaitland, Elphinstone, Humbie & Saltoun. The school provides education to a student population expected to rise to 1050 in the next few years.
Led by the Head Teacher and a committed teaching staff, the school has a progressive philosophy and aims to unlock students' potential by:
- Encouraging achievement
- Rewarding success
- Developing responsibility
- Promoting respect
For the right individual, the school offers both the environment and the opportunities for exceptional professional development for an ambitious teacher.
Teaching relevant subject through S1-S6.
Subject to the policies of the school and the education authority the duties of teachers, promoted and unpromoted, are to perform such tasks as the Head Teacher shall direct having reasonable regard to overall teacher workload related to the following categories-
- Teaching assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction
- Developing the school curriculum
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the work of pupils
- Preparing pupils for examinations and assisting with their administration
- Providing advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education
- Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils
- Working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals
- Undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development
- Participating in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review
- Contributing towards good order and the wider needs of the school
Closing date: 25/03/2018
Ross High School