This is a fantastic opportunity to teach Modern Languages at one of the most innovative schools in the UK amongst the beautiful surroundings of Greenwich.
GFS opened in September 2012 as a state-funded, mixed, non- denominational, 11-18 comprehensive school for the children of Greenwich.
We are looking for an exceptional French and Spanish teacher, with a commitment to academic excellence and helping every child succeed. You will be a passionate about Languages and have an unrelenting obsession to be the best you can be and in turn motivate your pupils to excel.
The successful candidate will be a driven and passionate teacher with a keen interest in research and its application to Modern Languages education, with the ability to learn from feedback and a hunger to constantly improve and develop.
What makes GFS unique:
- Every day starts with 30 minutes of dedicated reading time
- We put high-quality teaching at the heart of what we do
- We run a 60% timetable loading for teaching staff, meaning that there is more time than most for planning. This is a big budgetary decision but we believe that great schools are composed of great teachers.
- We don’t believe in pointless marking of books; instead we have developed a highly-sophisticated model of Multiple Choice Questions and disciplinary writing to enable us to gain meaningful insights into pupil thought.
- We have a bespoke assessment model that is symbiotic to our curriculum.
- We have 60mins of staff training every week and coaching is available for every member of staff
- We have a very clear staff progression model for teaching staff, ensuring you receive the support and experiences you need to achieve your ambitions
- We don’t believe in running hundreds of intervention programmes; instead we place a primacy on high-quality teaching.
- We have relationships with some of the best schools in the country, ensuring staff can develop strong external links with expert practitioners
- We have a very strong behaviour code ensuring no lesson time is wasted and there is no low-level disruption of learning.
GFS is at a key point in its development as we launched KS4 in September 2015 and prepare for the opening of our KS5. We are housed in brand new, purpose-built accommodation and benefit from excellent facilities. You will receive high-quality weekly training and have access to world-class development opportunities through our partnerships with a wide range of schools and universities.
To apply, please complete and return the application form along with a supporting statement no longer than two sides of A4 paper, setting out why you feel you are suitable for the role in an evidence-led way that addresses the key requirements of the job and email directly to email@example.com.
CVs alone will not be considered.
Details can also be found via our website: www.greenwichfreeschool.co.uk/Current-Vacancies
Please complete and submit your application by 09:00 on Tuesday 6th December 2016.
Interviews: Friday 9th December 2016
We value diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare.
The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced DBS and any other relevant employment checks.
GFS reserves the right to bring forward the application deadline without further notice.