We are seeking to appoint a dynamic teacher of French and Spanish to join our very successful MFL Faculty to cover maternity leave. The successful candidate will have a firm commitment to raising whole-school achievement; they will also have a professional approach to staff development, high expectations and a determination to succeed.
At Sir Graham Balfour we offer:
- A friendly, inclusive, highly motivated staff, which embraces willingly a culture of professional development.
- An ever growing reputation in the local and wider community which has resulted in the school being consistently and heavily oversubscribed.
- A very positive climate for learning in which teachers are free to teach and students are keen to learn.
- A first rate learning environment. We are housed in buildings completed in 2002 and financed via a PFI initiative.
- Innovative 14-19 collaboration and an increasing roll at KS5.
- A commitment to excellence in all its forms.
- The school is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all students and as such all applicants will be submitted for an enhanced DBS check.
- Applications can only be accepted if submitted on the enclosed formal application form, alongside a letter of not more than two sides of A4, outlining why you applied for this post and what you would bring to our school if appointed.
- Two references will be required, which, for currently employed staff, must be from your most recent employers.
- We confirm our commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of our work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Vicki McKeen (details below).
Further details including the application form are available from the school website: www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk, www.tes.com, www.jobsonline.stoke.gov.uk and www.wmjobs.co.uk websites. For an application pack, please access our website, www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk or contact Mrs Vicki McKeen, Headteacher’s PA, on email@example.com or telephone 01785 223490.
The closing date for applications is: 1.30 pm on Friday 17th December. Please return completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting for this post will take place on Tuesday 4th January and successful applicants will be contacted no later than 3.20pm on the same day. If you have not heard from us by this time, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 6th January; will include a tour around the school, delivery of a lesson and interviews for the short-listed candidates. Details of the lesson to be taught will be sent out at the shortlisting stage.