The Westwood Academy is a popular and progressive academy driving hard to move from good to outstanding. We require a Teacher of French (ability to also teach Spanish an advantage) to build on the strengths already within the team and continue the progress being made in this curriculum area. NQT’s are welcome to apply.
The Westwood Academy offers the best of all school environments. Our strengths include
• A small, community school which has a supportive, family feel and yet has the highest expectations of our wonderful staff and pupil team
• Exceptionally strong relationships between staff and pupils
• An excellent reputation in the local community
• A stunning environment in which to work
• A strong professional development programme at all levels of the organisation with teaching and learning at the heart of what we do
• An academic curriculum which continues to be enriched by sport, the creative arts and around 30 different clubs and societies
• Pupils who love to come to school and are proud of The Westwood Academy
In our most recent OfSTED inspection (October 2017) we were graded ‘good’ and our journey towards outstanding was noted. Recently, the governing bodies of The Westwood Academy and the prestigious Kenilworth School came together to form a Multi-Academy Trust (KMAT) and so you will be joining us at the start of this exciting journey. In addition, you will be joining a team made up of staff who have been working with us for 40 years through to new teachers to the profession.
Employees benefit from an extensive bespoke CPD programme, subsidised gym membership, and other employee benefits, such as a performance pay bonus scheme
You are most welcome to visit the school to meet our staff and pupils. If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the Head Teacher.
If you require any further information please contact
Mrs J Westwell, Head Teacher’s PA
Telephone number: 024 7642 6901
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 20th May 2019
Interviews Thursday 23rd May 2019
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to two satisfactory references and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.