We are looking to appoint a well-qualified and committed specialist teacher of French for September 2021. We welcome applications from NQTs.
At Chadwell Heath Academy we provide an excellent education for all of our pupils. In our last inspection the School was judged to be ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED in all categories. We believe strongly in comprehensive education and its ability to change lives. We want pupils to feel enthused by the opportunities that await them, and proud to be part of a mixed gender, multi-cultural community.
What we offer:
• A comprehensive induction programme for all new staff.
• A friendly and engaged staff body who welcome new teachers and a leadership team who encourage professional development at all levels.
• A superb opportunity to develop teaching and leadership skills through bespoke CPD provision.
• An opportunity to work in a modern, well-resourced MFL – suite, comprising excellent facilities.
• Opportunities for in-house career progression.
• Pupils who are eager to learn, with 90% of our high recruiting Sixth Form going on to university study.
• You will be joining a thriving department offering pupils:
o FCSE French and German
o GCSE French and German
o AS and A-Level French and German
• The department has an excellent long-term track record of academic success. In the last year in which pupils were examined externally (2019) the department achieved:
o 94% 9-4 and 81% 9-5 in French
o 98% 9-4 and 90% 9-5 in German
o At Key Stage 4 the department’s value added is consistently well above the national average
What you offer:
• You will be passionate about teaching French and dedicated to providing exceptional learning experiences in the classroom.
• A strong academic background in the MFL – French area.
• You will be hard working and driven by the belief that all pupils are capable of academic success.
• You will approach your own teaching with a philosophy of continuous improvement in all areas.
• You will share the school and department’s view that success is a result of great and inspirational teaching and long-term input.
• Be able to approach the pressures of teaching with humour.
• You will be keen to contribute to wider aspects of departmental and school life.
If you share our vision for Chadwell Heath Academy then we would love to hear from you. Please click the 'Quick Apply' button below to submit your application today. The closing date for applications is 12 noon Monday 17th May, 2021.
We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date where we find suitable applications and advise therefore, that applications should be submitted as soon as possible as we may choose to interview shortly after receipt.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. Chadwell Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in this commitment.
Chadwell Heath Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
We are a successful, all ability 11 to 18 six form entry co educational Academy. We have approximately 1250 pupils on roll, including a Sixth Form of 325.
We believe in the importance of supporting and encouraging all our students to succe...