Ongoing Full or Part-Time Position
With a proud history of 141 years of achievement, Tintern is one of Melbourne’s most respected schools, with students from our Early Learning Centre to Year 12. At Tintern, we are committed to providing a workplace which encourages professional growth and opportunities for all staff.
Tintern Grammar seeks to appoint a Secondary School French Teacher with a track record of excellence both in and out of the classroom who will contribute enthusiastically to the broader positive culture of the school.
About the Role
As a key member of our Languages Department, you will be able to deliver a vibrant curriculum to your students and possess a strong knowledge of content and pedagogy in these areas. You will be using teaching strategies that cater to the needs of a diverse student group and a willingness to differentiate curriculum to the needs of the students. You will bring your passion for French to the school and above all, have a willingness to engage, connect and care for our students.
This is a full time or part time, ongoing teaching role commencing Semester One 2019.
You will be able to demonstrate excellence in teaching, and experience in teaching French. You will demonstrate:
- Care and connectedness with students
- Current VIT registration
- Relevant qualifications
- Experience teaching French
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to encourage and motivate your students
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- You will have demonstrated knowledge of the subject within the Australian Curriculum Frameworks where relevant
- You will encourage students to take risks within a structured school environment, to make individual choices and to use new experiences as learning opportunities
- You will have a desire to work collaboratively with other teachers and actively engage in the broader life of the School
To view the Position Description please visit: www.tintern.vic.edu.au/employment
Applications for this position should include a current curriculum vitae and names of three referees. For interview planning please indicate in your cover letter your availability for interviews between 24 September and 8 October 2018.
To apply please visit: www.tintern.vic.edu.au/employment. Applications must be received by Monday 24 September 2018, 4pm.
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.
Tintern Grammar is a child safe school.