British International School Riyadh
(3-18, BSME, CIS, co-educational, English-medium school)
Principal: Chris Mantz M.Ed.
Do you want to be part of an exciting, innovative and rewarding learning environment with highly motivated students, excellent teachers and supportive parents?
TEACHER of FRENCH/SPANISH required for August 2017
The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school. We now seek to add to our team.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational teacher to teach French and Spanish across Key Stages 3 and 4 to (I)GCSE in the first instance and possibly A-Level.
The successful candidate will:
- be a UK qualified teacher or have qualifications recognised in the UK through the NARIC process;
- very competently fulfil all Teachers’ Standards as published by the Department of Education in 2012;
- put students at the heart of the education process;
- fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
- commit enthusiastically to the school’s enrichment program including leading extra-curricular and inter-house activities;
- be able to use ICT effectively as a teaching tool;
- believe in the values of international and interculturalism in an educational context;
- have excellent communication skills;
- be able to identify clear teaching and learning objectives appropriate to the educational needs of the students in the class;
- be able to demonstrate thorough curriculum knowledge;
- be able to develop opportunities for our students both within and out of the classroom.
There will be a Position of Responsibility allowance for the right candidate.
To apply, please follow the link: https://uptic.net/job/260 and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines
Closing date for all applications: Friday 6th January 2017 at 10:00 (KSA)
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people and all post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure (with a Barred List check).
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa