The Directors of the Gardener Schools Group have established Kew House School in the conviction that there exists an opportunity for a different kind of independent secondary school in London - academically demanding but with a modern approach to selection criteria, the flexibility of the curriculum and recognition of creativity and talent.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic graduate Teacher to head up Rowing and teach PE and Games. You will be an outstanding teacher, interested in developing the school rowing programme.
- Good degree in an appropriate subject and a recognised teaching qualification
- Demonstrate the capabilities required to assist in building a department, with an interest in developing the school rowing programme
- Experience of coaching rowing
- Ability to teach PE/Games from Year 7 to sixth form including GCSE and experience of teaching A Level PE desirable
- Commitment to, and experience of, using a range of teaching styles and methods including ICT. Classrooms are equipped with IWB / digital projectors
- Willingness to participate in the wider co-curricular life of the school and to commit to extra-curricular clubs in a range of activities before and after school along with Saturday fixtures and tournaments
- The ability to offer an additional subject(s) at Key Stage 3 or 4 as the school grows and builds its staffing provision
The school is committed to staff development and this position will provide a good springboard for further promotion within the school and beyond. All staff will be encouraged to attend INSET courses and will be provided with ample professional development opportunities. The school operates its own pay scales consistent with national teacher pay scales and will offer salary commensurate with experience and the nature of the role.
Applicants will also be welcomed from PE specialists without specific rowing experience.
To apply, please submit a completed application form together with supporting letter of application and details of two referees. One referee should be able to comment on your teaching skills, and one from your current or most recent employer. References will be taken prior to interview. You must provide original documents as proof of identity at interview.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Mr Mark Hudson, Headmaster, Kew House School, 6 Capital Interchange Way, London, TW8 0EX.
Closing date: Midday on 23rd January 2017.
Suitable applicants will be contacted by email and invited to attend an interview by arrangement.
All appointments are made in accordance with our equal opportunities policy and applicants should let us know of any special needs they may have. Kew House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and questions will be asked at interview to assess suitability of candidate to work with our children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory criminal record (DBS) check.