Runnymede College is a private non-denominational British school in Madrid offering a British education to boys and girls of all nationalities from the age of three to eighteen. The education offered follows the British National Curriculum.
The school is looking for a well-qualified and enthusiastic Teacher of Geography/ Acting Head of Geography to start in January 2019 to teach Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 in a thriving and successful department.
Runnymede College is a vibrant school and the successful candidate will benefit from working in a brand new and well-resourced building. The students are highly motivated and enthusiastic, achieving top grades and going to top universities.
The successful applicant:
- has excellent subject knowledge and can teach all year groups
- must be able to teach Key Stage 3, IGCSE, AS and A2 Geography classes
- delivers engaging and well-planned lessons
- is willing to help develop departmental resources
- has strong IT skills
- is keen to be involved in field work
- has excellent classroom management
The successful applicant will have:
- a good honours degree from a British University
- a PGCE or equivalent
- recent experience as a teacher in a school in the UK
- previous experience of an international school (desirable)
- must be a fluent English speaker - no knowledge of Spanish is required
- possess valid references, DBS check
A letter of application should be accompanied by a CV, with a recent photograph if possible and names, (including telephone numbers) and email addresses of two referees. Email applications to Maureen Lacey - email@example.com
Final date for applications- Sunday 7th October 2018 but we reserve the right to withdraw the advert prior to this closing date, should we receive an overwhelming response.
Runnymede is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including check with past employers and the Disclosure and Baring service.
Founded in 1967