We are looking for a well-qualified Teacher of Geography who will, under the guidance of the Director of Humanities, teach geography across the age and ability range including other humanities subjects at Key Stage 3. As a teacher in our school, you will be responsible for ensuring that every student enjoys an excellent experience in your lessons and will work very closely with the rest of the team in planning and delivering interesting and engaging sequences of lessons.
If you are a highly effective teacher, able to form excellent educational relationships with students and are able to contribute to the development of schemes of learning, we would love to hear from you. The ability to teach Geography to both GCSE level and A Level are essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity and the post would be suitable for experienced practitioners as well as newly qualified teachers, who would be able to benefit from our successful and supportive Wellsway Multi Academy Trust NQT Induction Programme.
In return we offer:
- A school committed to excellence that values staff and students
- An established humanities curriculum team to work with
- A school with outstanding ethos, results, attendance and behaviour on a par with other high achieving schools in the south west of England
- A full and varied CPD programme offering teaching and leadership development for our staff
- Wider opportunities to be involved across our multi academy trust.
Wellsway Multi Academy Trust is a partnership of schools which span the Bristol - Keynsham - Bath area that are working together to provide a high quality educational experience for all students in their care.
If you are interested and want to find out more or how to apply, please go the How to Apply section.
Closing date for applications: Midday, Thursday 27 June 2019.
Interviews to be confirmed.
PLEASE NOTE: Early applications are encouraged. Wellsway School reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should the School be able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
If you are interested and would like to discuss further or visit the school, please contact Elaine Hazell (Director of Humanities) 0117 986 4751 or email email@example.com who will be delighted to hear from you.
- Download the Job Description / Person Specification, Candidate Pack and Application Form
- In Section 6 of the Application Form (Information in Support of your Application) in no more than two sides please provide details of how your skills and experiences match the qualities referred to in the person specification.
- Email your completed Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wellsway Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Wellsway Multi Academy Trust will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.