DO YOU HAVE THE TALENT AND AMBITION TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO OUR SCHOOL?
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher of Geography who can excite and motivate young people, is committed to bringing imaginative ideas into the classroom and can ensure that all students achieve their potential. You would be joining both a successful and welcoming team.
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Science is clearly focused on teaching & learning, supporting teachers to develop and challenge themselves professionally.
Bingley Grammar is an oversubscribed 11-18 voluntary aided comprehensive school which was judged ‘good’ by OFSTED in March 2013. The school prides itself on its commitment to the professional development of staff. We have developed an ethos where sharing ideas and best practice is a vital component of what we do. Improving all aspects of teaching and pedagogy are the first priority and we welcome a diverse dialogue on how to develop the learning experience of all our students.
Applications are welcome from both NQTs and more experienced colleagues. We offer an excellent NQT support programme with a bespoke schedule of training and mentors.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work within a friendly, dedicated and motivated team
- Proactive support for your career development – including the opportunity to study for a Master’s degree in Education
- An approachable and supportive Leadership team and Governing body
The role and responsibilities include:
- Providing high quality teaching of Geography
- Assessing, recording and reporting on students’ progress
- Raising student attainment
- Supporting the vision and values of the school
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge and experience of teaching Geography to KS3, KS4 and KS5-the ability to teach another social science or humanities subject would be an advantage
- Up to date teaching methodology and a commitment to reflective practice
- An ability to work confidently within a team and communicate effectively
- A passion for inspiring young people to attain the best education possible
Working at our school offers the opportunity to work within a culture of professional learning and reflection.
For more information and to apply please see our website: www.bingleygrammar.org/about/vacancies
For queries or to arrange a visit, please contact the Recruitment team: T: 01274 807720 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am on Monday 19 February 2018.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Please note CVs will not be accepted
Headteacher: Mr Luke Weston