Number on roll 1254 (with 205 in the Sixth Form)
Teacher of Geography
Main Professional Scale
A recruitment allowance may be available to an outstanding candidate.
Full Time - Permanent Required for September 2017
Cardinal Newman is a popular 11-18 Catholic School and Specialist Arts College, set in the pleasant outskirts of Coventry. The school has an excellent reputation, built on strong, long-standing relationships with the local community and beyond.
We are looking to recruit a dedicated and enthusiastic teacher of Geography to join our friendly faculty. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong commitment to the delivery of high quality teaching and learning, as well as the ability to work as part of a team. This post is suitable for an NQT or more experienced teacher. Newly qualified teachers may be appointed from 1st July 2017. The ideal candidate will:
• Have the capacity to teach Geography across all ages and ability ranges. • Be open to teaching A Level Geography.
• Have excellent subject knowledge and be able to deliver an engaging curriculum.
• Demonstrate enthusiasm, energy and passion for their subject.
• Have fantastic classroom management and organisation.
• Willing to work as part of a very successful, supportive and friendly team.
• Promote the Catholic ethos of the school.
Cardinal Newman School can offer:
• A well-motivated body of students.
• A friendly, enthusiastic and supportive staff.
• CPD programmes to support and develop teachers particularly for NQTs.
• A vibrant programme of extra-curricular activities, which broaden the experience of our students.
• A caring ethos with strong international links and a commitment to actively supporting global charity and fundraising projects.
Completed application forms should be send to Suzanne Harris, Headteacher’s PA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 9.00am, Thursday 27 April 2017 Sandpits Lane, Coventry, CV6 2FR Tel: 024 76332382 Fax: 024 76335626
This post is subject to an enhanced level of CRB disclosure.