Bethany is a vibrant, forward-looking School with a particular friendly and supportive staff and pupil community. Staff are expected to be in sympathy with the Christian faith which underpins the community and to contribute to the wider life of School.
This position has arisen due to a member of the department taking maternity leave from February. We therefore seek an enthusiastic and dynamic teacher to build upon and develop the achievements of this outstanding department. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to share the teaching of groups through the full ability range from Year 7 to GCSE and A Level.
Key duties are not limited to but include:
- to set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils;
- to promote the virtue of learning through the encouragement and practising of learning habits for pupils in lessons;
- to use data to promote good progress and outcomes for pupils;
- to plan and teach well-structured lessons;
- to adapt teaching through differentiation to respond to the strengths and weaknesses of all pupils;
- to use the school’s assessment policy to make accurate and productive use of assessment;
- to use the school’s behaviour policy to manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment;
- to fulfil wider professional responsibilities including tutoring, duties, staff meetings, Saturday activities and school events;
- to take an active role in managing personal professional development, including contributing effectively to a Professional Learning Community.
Further details and an application pack can be obtained from the School website under the ‘About Bethany’ section.
Closing date: Noon on Thursday, 15th March 2018.
Bethany School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo enhanced child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. The appointment will be made without regard to gender, age or ethnic origin. Bethany School is an Equal Opportunities Employer.