Required April 2019 - The Governing Body would like to appoint an inspirational and dynamic full-time Teacher of Geography. The post is suitable for both NQTs and those with more experience.
Grays Convent High School is a successful all girls’ Catholic Secondary School with a PAN of 620 students based in Thurrock, Essex. We are a high-performing school that has risen to become the top performing school in Thurrock with a progress 8 of +0.7 and who are continuing to improve. Our Geography results are good and rapidly improving. This is a reflection of our exceptional teaching team along with our students who are not only thoughtful and resilient, but hardworking and eager to learn too.
With a successful OFSTED ‘Good’ judgment comfortably secured in November 2017, we are now pushing towards ‘outstanding’ status, with all of the excitement of setting and achieving the highest standards on a daily basis.
We can offer you:
• A personal and caring approach
• A calm and inspiring teaching environment
• Career support and continued professional development
• Exceptional behaviour for learning
• An earlier start date for the right candidate
The successful candidate will be:
· A successful and inspirational teacher with experience of teaching at KS3 and KS4
· A well-qualified practitioner with a passion for Geography
· Able to motivate and enthuse pupils by a commitment to excellent teaching
· A good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
· Enthusiastic, a team player, self-motivated and committed to further professional development
If you would like to become part of our exceptional team please apply by completing the TES Online Application form.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and young people. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population