Do you want to join a brand new, state-of-the-art school that opened its doors to Year 7 for the first time in September 2019?
Do you want to grow with an expanding school that is keen on career progression and personal development?
Do you have a passion for Geography and want to enthuse students?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a recently opened school and help shape the education for girls in Thamesmead.
Our vision is ‘success for everyone’ and we are looking for staff that can bring this vision to reality. Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls, part of the PolyMAT multi academy trust, is an all-inclusive girls’ school and the sister school to Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys, rated Good by Ofsted. The school prides itself on a culture of high standards from staff and pupils. It is a demanding yet rewarding school where students and staff feel valued and supported.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional teacher of Geography with a dynamic and inspirational approach to teaching, an individual that will become an integral part of the department, who will support the department in achieving its ambitious targets and goals. We would like a teacher who believes in collaboration both for students and when working with colleagues. The ideal candidate will be expected to contribute to extra-curricular activities within the department as well as the pastoral life of the school
We are looking for a teacher who has:
• A genuine passion for teaching Geography
• The ability to be an outstanding Geography teacher
• The willingness to work as part of a motivated and dedicated team.
• The drive and enthusiasm to engage and inspire pupils.
• The dedication to improve the life chances of young people throughout the school.
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
• An employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including the need for the successful candidate to undertake a disclosure and barring check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The closing date for applications is 5 March 2020. Interviews are scheduled for week commencing 16 March 2020.
If you feel that this is a school for you, then please apply by completing the application form.
We look forward to hearing from you.