If you are ambitious, inspirational, creative, open-minded, and want to be part of our success then we want to hear from you. See what it means to be part of the David Ross Education trust from our children and parents here.
Providing our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equips our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.
We work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the Trust’s vision, to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
About the role
· Teach the Geography curriculum across the age and ability range
· Accountable for the quality of teaching and learning and students’ progress and attainment of timetabled classes
· Set high expectations for standards of teaching, learning, conduct and relationships, and model good practice
· Plan, and deliver engaging learning activities that are differentiated to meet the needs of all students, and that stretch and challenge students to achieve their potential
· Mark students’ work and homework in line with the Academy marking and feedback policy
· Set and mark homework in line with the Academy homework policy
· Responsible for a tutor group
· Responsible for target setting, tracking, monitoring student progress and achievement of own classes
FTE Teaching hours, term time
Salary & Benefits
· Main Pay Scale
· Access to Teachers Pension Scheme.
Who we are looking for
· Relevant Subject Degree at BA or above
· Excellent subject knowledge
· Thorough knowledge of the new national curriculum
· Knowledge of new performance measures
· Good working knowledge of examination specifications
· Maintenance of good conduct and relationships
· Proven track record of delivering consistently good, and often outstanding, teaching and learning, and good outcomes for students
· In-depth knowledge of best practice in teaching, learning and assessment for, and of, learning
· Thorough understanding of how to use performance data to monitor standards of attainment and to plan appropriate interventions
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence, trust and respect amongst staff, students and families
· Excellent oral and communication skills and confidence in the use of new technologies
· Experience of promoting a wide range of teaching methodologies
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 33 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development delivered through our Teaching School Alliance to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
To apply for the position, please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 28th November 2017
Havelock Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.